Singapore Concrete Institute (SCI), Geophysical Survey Inc (GSSI) and Sea and Land Technologies Pte Ltd (SALT) are jointly organizing a technical seminar on
“Concrete NDT Inspection using GSSI GPR”
Day/Date: Tuesday, 12th of October 2010
Programme: 9am to 6pm
Ø Free Registration!!!! (Fully Sponsored by GSSI and SALT)
Ø Refreshments and Lunch will be provided
Ø PDU points pending
Ø Limited numbers of seats are available, First come, first serve basis
Nanyang Technological University (Location Map is attached)
Nanyang Executive centre
60 Nanyang View, Singapore 639673
Lecture room 1 (education wing level 2)
Speaker: Robert Parrillo, Geophysical Survey Systems, Inc,
9:00 AM Registration
9:30 AM Welcome, introductions and schedule review
9:45 AM Introduction to GPR
· What is GPR?
· History of GPR
· What components are in a GPR System?
· What is GPR used for?
· Applications with advantages and limitations
10:45 AM Coffee break
11:00 AM Profile and introduction on GSSI Concrete scanning Systems and antennas
1:00 PM Buffet lunch
2:00 Pm GPR for concrete inspection.
Hands-on demonstrations (Structure Scan Mini & Structure Scan Optical)
3:30 PM Coffee break
3:45 PM Data Processing & Presentation
5:30 PM Q & A
6:00 PM Close
Geophysical Survey Systems, Inc
12 Industrial Way
Salem, NH 03841 USA
*Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from Bridgeport Engineering Institute, Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA. (Acquired by Fairfield University in 1994) BSEE - Bridgeport Engineering Institute, Fairfield, CT
*Coursework in Mechanical Engineering - Norwalk State Technical College, Norwalk, CT
*Professional sales training: Professional Selling Skills (Achieve Global), Samurai Selling and Demos (Corporate Visions); Strategies for Selling Technical Industrial Products, Principles of Professional Selling, Value Added Selling
* The Integration of Ground Penetrating Radar and Falling Weight Deflectometer
* Bridge Deck Condition Assessment Using Ground Penetrating Radar
* Comparison of Ground Coupled and Air-Launched Antennas for Bridge Deck Condition Assessment.
* Bridge Deck Condition Assessment Using GPR: Comparison of 1 GHz and 2 GHz air-launched Horn Antennas
* GPR TEAM – Founding Member and Annual Meeting Chairman
* Transportation Research Board – Exhibitor Advisory Council
* ASTM International
Relevant Work Experience:
2003 to Present Geophysical Survey Systems Salem, NH, Sales Manager - Asia
1994 to 2000 ADCOLE Corp. Marlboro, MA, Manufacturer of sophisticated automated measuring solutions. Highly technical capital equipment sale on a long sales cycle. National Account Manager
1992 to 1994 New England Engineering Hampstead, NH, Principal
* Consulting engineer for Carl Zeiss IMT Division - Developed and conducted training classes and on-site applications engineering for Zeiss CNC coordinate measuring machines.
* Consulting engineer for Robotic Unlimited Resources – Provided electrical and mechanical engineering services for commercial industrial welding robots.
* Consulting engineer for Critical Care America – Participated in the design and implementation of sixty local area networks nationwide.
1988 to 1992 Computrol, Inc. North Andover, MA, Senior Sales Engineer (1990 – 1992)
1984 to 1988 Carl Zeiss, Inc. – IMT Division Thornwood, NY, Manufacturer of high accuracy coordinate measuring machines, Senior Engineer – Central Staff.
Download the Flayer and Reply form here